Wednesday, October 18, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SON

Happy Birthday, Scott!

My son is 34 years old today - but he'll always be my baby boy. This is the card I sent him for his birthday. I doubt he'll think it's as cute as I think it is - but he'll humor me.

Cindra Jo often times sends me birthday cards that say "To My Mommy"; those cute little ones that toddlers send. Other times she'll send sentimental ones. Scott always sends beautiful, sentimental cards, and Brookie sends either sentimental cards, or cards with jokes about being in our family.

I love cards of all kinds - the funny ones, the cute ones, the sentimental ones that make me cry. I have listened to a lot of women complaining, over the years, because their kids forgot to send them a card for their birthday. I always tell them that my kids never forget.

Of course, when it is about two weeks before my birthday, I start asking them every other day or so, "You are aware of a very significant day coming soon, aren't you? A day which should be at least a national holiday?"

Gotta go - T is ready for me to move - we are hoping to get out of this state, across another, and into a different one by the time we stop tonight! (And I still have to call Scott and sing Happy Birthday to him!)

11 comments:

Charlene Amsden said...

Safe travels. Tell Scott happy birthday from his favorite Auntie, too. (And when he asks who that is, do NOT say Caryl.)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, baby brother, the most spoiled rotten kid in the world! I love you.

Anonymous said...

I agree with sis... you ARE a spoiled rotten kid, Scott... but I love ya anyway. Happy Birthday brother. :) And travel safe, mama.

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday Scott...and in my family, sentimental cards are contraband - you have to send a funny one - failing which (the cards are getting sentimentaler every year) you get a blank one and write your own message.

Just Tom said...

Happy Birthday, Scott!

So, you guys are on the road. I've been out of the loop for a while dealing with school and design stuff so sorry for not stopping by.

Hey, speaking of.... I actually dedicated my new challenge to your migration and your departure is one of the clues to this challenge. So, take a gander.

Well, happy trails and say happy trails to T for me.

Love you! Tom

Kat Campbell said...

Happy trails Jackie! My kids are also diligent birthday rememberers (is that a word?) thanks to the annual calendar they get every year with my birthday prominently marked. Pap is on his own.

Louisiana said...

Happy Birthday to Scott!

I love cards too hon..I cannot pass a good one on for the perfect occasion of course and then of course i cannot find them or forget all about them and then i need to buy a new one for the occasion, lol...

so you are on the road..be safe..have fun..and thanks for the support and for taking us along with you hon..

Charlene Amsden said...

Okay, Jackie. this post is going to be up until Scotty is 35. Timefor something fresh. I understand why you don't want to post about where you are -- but how about sharing where you've been?

How's the weather? Are you seeing snow?

Just Tom said...

I miss Jackie. all my brattiness is being applied to Quilldancer. It's like money or garden seeds, it needs to be spread around...

Charlene Amsden said...

Cpmpared to the rest of the family, Tom is a brat-in-training, but he's a dang funny one!

Neoma said...

Oh, I think it is adorable, and especially so because my son's name is also Scott. I wish I had it to send to my son. I alwasy called him Scotter.......he is going to be 29 on the 4th.