Sunday, October 15, 2006

My Sister Sent 5X5 Meme (whatever the hell a meme is)

Quilly-Sister sent me this 5X5 whatever, and I'm going to do it for her, even though my time would probably be better spent packing, right now. I rarely ever participate in these type things, just as I never send forwards (so don't forward anything to me!). I think I'm doing it because she so sweetly told me that if I didn't want to, I didn't have to. Wasn't that sweet?!

Usually when someone sends me something to fill out, there are dire predictions included which detail exactly what will happen to me if I don't. Predictions that always include doom and misfortune...such as I'll get hit by a train, or my pet will die, etc. - so since this one didn't, and because my little sister was so sweet, here you go, sister!

Five Minutes to yourself. How would you spend them ideally?

- reading which ever book I'm in the middle of
- watering my garden
- dead heading flowers
- talking on the phone
- reading the daily newspaper

Five Dollars to spend right now. How or where would you spend it?

- pack of cigarettes
- a paperback book
- bag of candy
- latte, extra hot/extra sweet
- at a garage sale

Five Items in your house you could part with right now?

- television
- bathtub (and before you ask, I ONLY shower)
- stove
- rocking chair (don't need any furniture that isn't big enough to lie on)
- hubby's car magazines

Five Items in your house you absolutely, positively could never part with?

- cell phone
- telephone
- address/phone book
- chair and a half
- certain books

Five Words (or phrases) you love?

- I love you
- Hi, mom
- Let go and let God
- mmm, mmm, mmm
- Grammy, I'm 'beaming

18 comments:

Charlene Amsden said...

If you had 5 free minutes you'd talk on the phone? Let's re-examine the number 5 -- not 15, not 25, not 50 -- just 5. Or am I to assume you didn't mean you'd call, Caryl?

I'll take the rocking chair for my classroom. I'm certain it would be a major hit for all. And if you get rid of the car magazines, won't you lose Terry as well?

Anonymous said...

The rocking chair was Terry's Fathers' (and will go to the shop) and the auto magazines do intrude on space better allocated to fiction mystery paperbacks. ("If it wasn't mine to begin with it ain't worth much.")

Louisiana said...

yes, she is sweet and you are right back to her..how nice of you to do this meme..

in my spanish origin every house has a rocker..i used to love getting rocked when i was little and i love rocking myself now..my mom has 2 full size ones from Nicaragua and my sis has a small one they brought her many moons ago..

and i am only shower too but my kids love the bath thing...and i love great finds too, i see that is where Cindra and Brooke get it from..

i hope your packing is coming along..i love Raymond,i read all the comments on him and i think it is precious that you have taken him everywhere..that makes you very special...i hope the 3 of you have a wonderful trip.

Neoma said...

The more popular you are, the more of these you get.......and I am the kind who usually passes, unless Quill sends it to me, I usually do them for her....:):)

It is interesting to read them, just not do them. Right. haha

Jackie's Garden said...

Quilly-Sister, sure, I'd make the call with five minutes. No one said I had to hang up at the end of the five minutes - or what I could do with my next hour or so!!

I came home this afternoon from running errands and the rocking chair was gone! Some funny man was reading my blog - and then thought it would be cute to take the rocker away. I asked why he didn't take his big old TV away! None of those items bother me - I just had to come up with 5 I could do without. Actually, I could do with very little, thank you.

Jackie's Garden said...

I told you to knock it off, anonymous - I'm on to you, T. But will take all the room I can get for paperbacks. Thanks. Love you.

Jackie's Garden said...

Chana, we're 'special' all right, as in we need some special help! LOL I am trying to figure out how to get out of here without Raymond - he drives me crazy - every time I get out of the motorhome, when I go to get back in - he's in my chair! He's never been to Canada, maybe YOU would like a visitor????

Jackie's Garden said...

Nea, I'm so glad you are feeling better - I missed your smiling face! I'm with you...I like to read what others write on those kind of things. I get real tired of that one about your favorite color, last food you ate, on and
on and on - like....WHO CARES????
I want to know some of the nitty gritty stuff! LOL

Charlene Amsden said...

Okay, Jackie, a Meme for you:

What color underwear are you wearing right now?

What size are they?

Tell about the most embarassing moment you ever had when you were naked.

What is the first name of the first boy you ever kissed?

Are you happier with these questions and do you find them less boring than your run of the mill Meme?

Jackie's Garden said...

Yes, Quilly-Sister, that's exactly what I mean! You've got the idea. Now you did notice, didn't you, that I was agreeing with Nea - and wanted OTHERS to answer them, NOT me, didn't you? Would you like to start? ROTFLMAO

Charlene Amsden said...

Nope, I'm sending it to Nea and telling her you asked for it ....

Kat Campbell said...

That T is a treasure! Cracked me up reading the comments :>) Good answers Jackie! More people should send you these things.

Jenn said...

Hey Jackie....so have you done the six weird things tha make you you, meme?

Anonymous said...

Ray Says: Let's do three things - I can't count to five.

Jackie's Garden said...

Quilly-Sister, it won't work, you know, Nea can read! But I'd like to see someone do it! LOL

Kat, I was surprised it was fun. I'd do some more of them - the short and sweet ones! Now, about T being a treasure...you want to try living with him?!?

Jackie's Garden said...

Jenn, I haven't seen that one - but it sounds like it would be fun. I don't know how old you are, but I'm at an age where my weirdness doesn't embarrass me anymore - I embrace it! Life is just too short to be too serious.

Jackie's Garden said...

anonymous - what are you, chicken? that you don't use your OWN name??
i've got it!!! - we'll tell Ray that we are at our destination in five stops - he'll get out at the third - and I'll be free of him and having to drag him everywhere I go!!! Yeah - a plan!!!

Charlene Amsden said...

Jackie, you want Ray to stay home? Just tell him you're putting him in a retirement home at the end of the journey ....