Saturday, September 16, 2006

Gussy Up!

Quilldancer, thanks for the new look! I like it. And I like the links so that I have "one-click-shopping"! And I love the picture of my pond....with my oldest daughter, and my youngest granddaughter! My blog is all 'gussied' up now! (Not sure that's a proper contraction).

Just came back from Caryl's, where I needed to use the scanner, and am happy to report that her house smelled like cherry pie - not burned/smoky chicken! Her candles are a vast improvement!

The sun was out today so I watered the 'secret' garden and the veggie/flower garden. And mentally made a list of all that has to be cleaned out. Sometimes, that's as far as I go...giving it some thought...other times, I actually get it cleaned out before spring. We've had a beautiful, hot summer and it was great for my flowers and veggies, BUT, always seems too short to me. It seems I do a LOT of work - for very little return. Actually, that isn't true. The return for me, is in the doing. I get a feeling of serenity when I'm digging in the dirt or watering, that I don't get anywhere else. I'm a very blessed woman, to live where I live and be able to do what I love. All I ever have to do is turn my head and I'm able to see deer, or turkeys, or birds, or hawks, or phesants or quail. And if I can't see them, I can hear them. I get so much out of being close to nature. There's a plaque in my garden that says, "One is nearer to God in ones garden, than anywhere else on earth". I feel it.

13 comments:

Charlene Amsden said...

So, Caryl is your sister and I am just, "QuillDancer." Very well. I understand.

I'm glad you like your new blog. When you type you do not have to hit return. The text will wrap.

Jackie's Garden said...

Hey, thanks for the tip! I have trouble even signing on and, especially off! And you told everyone you were my sister, already, right?!?! My very much younger sister, probably!! xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

We do claim her as a sister, don't we??? Even if she is much younger and doesn't follow directions any better than when she was Charlenie-..........AC/Caryl

Charlene Amsden said...

Caryl -- pffft

Charlene Amsden said...

Jackie -- oops. I guess that entitles you to share a few of my secrets.

Without word verification on your site -- which I agree is a pain -- you may very well end up with a blog full of spam.

Jackie's Garden said...

CB - what is word verification? I mean, obviously, it is to verify words....but which words????

P.S. told the "other sister" that was on here, how to fess up to her name and stop using anonymous, since she tells everyone who she is anyway!

Charlene Amsden said...

Jackie, on your "settings" tab on your template it will ask whether or not you want ... never mind. I'll do it.

Are you sure you are happy with this template? Caryl says it is too green.

Charlene Amsden said...

Oh, speaking of the template. If you'r happy I am finished and won't open it again until you ask me to. If there is anything you don't like, holler. Click on the clock and the calendar to follow them back to their original sites. If there is something you like better point it out to me and I'll switch them for you. It is a simple matter of copy and paste.

Notice that you now have word verification on your blog -- it makes posters prove they are people and not spamming programs that post ads on unprotected blogs.

Charlene Amsden said...

Thank you, Cindra. It is really a small matter of taking a template that already existed and changing the colors. I spent the summer teaching myself to read and edit code. It was fun.

Anonymous said...

Wow, mama, you're getting the hang of this blogging quickly. And I agree that Auntie CB did a great job on your template.

Jackie's Garden said...

CB, the clock and calendar are just great this way, thanks. And my blog is perfect - looks like garden colors! Thank you so much for fixing me up, please feel free to add/delete to your hearts content! xoxoxo

Neoma said...

I have that same list, each day I add more, I got the tomato patch refurbished today, and cleaned out the birdbathes, and then I was done for the day. I used to work out there for hours....now 30 min and I am tired. hmmmmmmmmmm

Jackie's Garden said...

Nea, you got more accomplished today than I did. Nap went a little longer than expected! It still hasn't frosted at night here so I'm hanging onto the tomatoes...have so many green ones still. And still have some birds visiting the bath, if only to drink.